Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Breakthrough!


Okay, so today I was not looking forward to going to class.  I was drowning in a sea of too lofty, too abstract, too not-gonna-happen-in-three-months-on-no-budget ideas that weren't pointing in any sort of direction.  We needed the insight only the designation of "oracle" and a lifetime of toxic gasous hallucinations could provide.  A treatment out of this chaos by Thurs? Not happening.

But after a rather laborous first 5 minutes of small group discussion, and a surprisingly fascinating crash-course on the truth behind stepping (seriously Pat, that was amazing.  That's a documentary in and of itself,) we did have an angels-with-trumpets-out-of-the-clouds experience, and while I'm still "beyond" freaked out, I felt like I have a much better handle on what to hone in on, at least for now.  (I think the angel's name was Madea?)

It seems that none of us wanted to explore race in the same way it's been explored for decades.  We just might have something here.


No comments:

Post a Comment