Wednesday, January 28, 2009

It's amazing what a little organization can do!

Before class on Tuesday I was unable to envision what this documentary was going to look/feel like. The class had an exercise the week before in which each student made a presentation on one of the following topics:
  • Define tolerance as it pertains to race relations in America
  • How is change (perceptions, mindsets, laws, etc..) initiated and conducted in America
  • What progress has been made toward or away from cultural coexistence in America
  • Define racial persistence
  • Define individual identity
  • Define social identity
  • Define cultural identity
  • Research and define cultural assimilation
  • Research and define Cultural pluralism
The lazy student in me thought this was pointless, "lets get on with the documentary already!" But as usual I stand corrected and feel this exercise helped a lot with understanding different angles these questions can take you in. So once that was all over and we huddled in our groups for a bit we have some direction and ideas to confidently take that first step into making this project happen. I'm really excited.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, all that discussion actually did help me reexamine my thinking and figure out what was actually interesting and what was white noise

    ReplyDelete